Cart #59022 | 2018-11-15 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Here is my final version of the "Breakout" game designed for my Getting Started with Video Game Programming class at Bellevue University. I submitted a simpler version for my midterm, and I decided to keep going with this game for my final project. It is designed to run at 60FPS, and it plays the best in the console, so hopefully it doesn't feel too bad in the browser. I am pleased with the results, and I hope everyone enjoys my game!

For anyone who cares, I have only been working with Pico-8 for about 12 weeks now. My only previous experience was trying to code a game on my TI-83 Plus in high school. My code is probably not the most efficient, and I know my collision detection isn't perfect, but I think the game runs well despite this. I have adjusted the audio to (hopefully) sound good with headphones or through basic laptop speakers. Hopefully it isn't terrible. Feel free to leave feedback.

In version 1.1, I fixed a glitch with the power-up that reduced the paddle to half the size when starting a new level when the power-up was active and the level was completed.

P#59020 2018-11-15 10:58 ( Edited 2018-11-15 17:39)

[Please log in to post a comment]

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-03-29 12:38:21 | 0.024s | Q:11