Crush all bad darumas!
Daruma is a asian traditional doll , and misterious monster too.
One Day,"Daruma-strom" coveres over the world. Bad darumas have fallen to each country.
Kilo decided to beat all bad darumas in own fist.
Crush all bad darumas in this stage.
Kilo must breach through 6 stages and defeat the Darumaster.
No damage attack is bonus combo,score is x2,...,x4.
"W" target will fall with a parachute. If Kilo takes this targes , then...
<<arrows keys>> move left and right
<<arrows up>> or <<z>> jump
...thank you for playing!
- [Modify] title (important!)
- [Fix]a punch move
I like the art a lot! It definitely reminds me of what Haggleman could have been like on the Gameboy Color. I really really like the bandage effect to show when daruma san has been damaged. And the overall gameplay is fun.
- Right now the player moves forward as you attack, and then gradually skates back to their starting position. I think it would be better to have them move forward a shorter distance, but still attack the full distance they are now. You could have a little 'wave' go out in front of them a short distance maybe? The idea it that their 'attack' should be going out farther than their hitbox. The way that attacking makes you so vulnerable feels awkward currently.
- Related to that.. there's an old rule of thumb for game design, when designing the one-two punch combo for a brawler or whatnot.. the idea is that you don't want any attack to have a smaller distance than the one before it. They should either stay the same, or get wider. The way that attacking works right now, the punch combo LOOKS cool, but it has the bad side effect of making it so you're just 'walking into danger'. Hopefully that makes sense.
- The invulnerability time at the start of the level needs to last longer. I've died, respawned, and walked into a daruma before I was able to control my character.
- The character's top speed is pretty high compared to how tiny the levels are
- I'm not a fan of how you can't attack when you've been hit and are recovering. But I think it will be more balanced if you make changes to how attacking/hitboxes work above. It's just that not being able to attack, along with how attacking can become 'skating into danger' makes it more challenging than it should be.
Controlling Kilo felt buggy sometimes, but the graphics were charming. The pigs were also very cute :) It's too bad they're Kilo's enemy (maybe he's allergic?).
I managed to clear all the levels but the final boss took me by surprise. He didn't even wait to get his picture taken :p
[Please log in to post a comment]