Cart [#41762#] | Copy | Code | 2017-06-18 | Link

Improved the title screen music.

Cart [#41761#] | Copy | Code | 2017-06-18 | Link

Fixed a crash bug and made sure starting room is never dark to begin with.

Cart [#41707#] | Copy | Code | 2017-06-16 | Link

Cart [#40686#] | Copy | Code | 2017-05-16 | Link

Cart [#40247#] | Copy | Code | 2017-05-06 | Link

This is a WIP demake of Adventure Creator, an old Atari 400/800 game. I'm making it for my sister, as she grew up playing it and I remember playing it with her when I was really little. Haha. It's not my goal to perfectly imitate the game, just get enough of it in there to be fun and nostalgic for her to play. (and for me) The original game did not age well, and it shows in this demake, lol. But, I had fun making it as it was my first Pico-8 project. I can't really consider it finished as I think if I spent more time with it I could make it more balanced and interesting than the original, but that's not why I made this particular game.

The original game was by Spinnaker/Dale Disharoon on the Atari 400/800 released in 1984. Hopefully they wouldn't be mad if they found this ;)

To play the game:

You are presented with a goal of a particular treasure to find. When you start the game, you are in a randomly generated maze that is different every time you play the game.

-x or z to start
-move around with dpad
-z to try opening chests (some take extra tries!)
-x to open your inventory screen (also shows your goal treasure and how much energy you have)
-z to select a tool from inventory screen
-z will use currently equipped tool

Monsters exhibit several different behaviors. They can talk, give, steal, trade, zap (hurt you), pop (teleport you around the screen randomly).

Hazards are glowing blue and yellow squares. They will hurt you, but they come in and out of existence.

When actions occur, a heads-up display will pop up at the bottom of the screen telling you what happened.

Tool guide:
-Ferrets: Shoot this at a monster to find out what its behavior will be if you touch it.
-Hobbles: Freezes monsters for a few seconds so you can get past them.
-Nippers: Shoot this at glowing hazard blocks to remove them.
-Torches: These will light up a dark room so you can see the maze.
-Shields: Makes you totally impervious to anything a monster would do to you.
-Energy: Restores 1000 points of your energy.

P#40248 2017-05-06 19:29

user:
password:

New User | Account Help
:: New User
X
About | Contact | Updates | Terms of Use
Follow Lexaloffle:        
Generated 2017-10-23 19:08 | 0.327s | 1835k | Q:49