A short demo top-down shooter whereby players control a cannon-equipped bipedal walking machine on the moon, battling against AI foes.
Direction keys: Movement
x: Press lightly to Fire/Press and hold to rotate cannon/Start game
Upper left number: Energy
Upper right sequence of points: Remaining ammo
Bottom right: Remaining destinations
- Your energy will gradually decline over time or due to damage.
- When your energy level reaches 0, the game is over.
- By firing while you are jumping, you can use the recoil to make quick moves.
- By standing on top of the power panel, the switch is turned on, and your ammo and energy will be replenished.
- The machine #2 has not a canon but a sword.
This is really sharp, I did the smoothness of the action.
The mechanics make sense but the controls still feel iffy to me. The long-hold versus tap of X is rough. Not sure what the solve is given the character has to jump too...unless like double-tap was a jump. Maybe if long Z handles rotation, and double tap Z is jump. Then X can be always shoot.
The high pitch sound of my canon rotating had me muting very quickly though; might try to find something more subtle since it will be happening a lot. Maybe a lower "mump" sound that only happens every few ticks rather than constant.
I dig it. This is the Commando action I'm looking for. And that dude with the hammer is awesome. I totally yelled out loud when he smashed me.
[Please log in to post a comment]