Fight against wave after wave of hostile alien space droids to protect galaxy command from an invasion.
- three different enemy types with individual behaviour
- added a shield to the ship, that recharges over time
- balanced the difficulty (made it a bit harder, since you have a shield now)
Ok, few things:
- The ship has too much inertia which makes control floaty and imprecise. This makes harder (for the wrong reasons) to avoid enemy bullets and reduces fun factor.
- Despite (seemingly) you having a healthbar, it just takes one hit to kill you.
- Sometimes yur bullets fly right through the enemy despite seemingly connecting.
- One enemy type makes for boring game.
Good luck in future games though!
Personally, I liked the floaty feel of the ship, especially the whoosh and flame when you go to the right. I also really like the motion of the enemy, how it weaves back and forth. The explosions are also super nice. I agree some more enemies would be sweet, but I can tell you but some effort into making the movement for these ones nice and smooth.
Thank you for the feedback!
I could not reproduce the health bar not working.
But yes, the collision routine is a bit tight on the enemies.
The floaty feel to the ships movement is on purpose, navigation in space is not easy! ;)
This was a few hours spent to get something working that looks like a game. I want to add more enemies, bonus packs, different weapons and maybe even a boss at the end.
[Please log in to post a comment]