If you are a registered user, download it here: @

This version has 2 new features:

1. Difficulty Levels

You can now choose to play the game on one of three difficulty settings:

Easy: On easy mode, your treasure acts as an extra shield. If you get hit with no shields, you'll lose a bunch of treasure instead (some of which you can recollect). The only way to die is by being hit with no shields and no treasure.

Normal: Just like old times.

Hard: More monsters, and they're tougher. Birds aim at you, goblins try to jump out of the way when you attack them, wizards and wisps shoot more etc.

Select which difficult setting you want when you start a new game. The setting is stored when you save your progress, and you can't change it half-way through.

2. Extra Save Game Slots

There are 15 slots now. You can access them by changing the page number on the load/save menu. Existing save games will still work and can be found on page 1.

Other recent changes in version 2.1:

Mac OS X: Universal Binaries.
Added configurable keys.
Extended instructions screens.
Improved ending sequence.
More music.
Added save anywhere cheat.
Highscore access from title screen.
Added shields to Castle in the Clouds.

P#655 2008-12-22 09:19 ( Edited 2008-12-22 14:19)

Thanks for the new update! Subsequent to downloading it, however, I noticed that it was the same version as before (v2.1).

Heck, even the installation indicates that it's v2.1 but the interesting thing is that the update message denominates that the download was for 2.1.1; both versions also employ identical links, which I am not sure is deliberate.

P#656 2008-12-23 02:27 ( Edited 2008-12-23 10:08)

Ah.. looks like my uploading script bailed out before it was finished. The new versions should be up now.

P#657 2008-12-23 05:08 ( Edited 2008-12-23 10:08)

[Please log in to post a comment]

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-04-19 06:06:07 | 0.006s | Q:10