Hi all,

I've been working on a release of a paid pico-8 cart, but I will be releasing a demo version as well. This may be out of the ordinary, I know, but lets pretend it's a good idea for a moment.

So, with the demo being playable in the browser once it's public on itch.io and here, it feels awkward to not have a straight-forward way to provide a mobile full-version as well.

I'm worried this would be a bit complicated for most users, but... my best idea is to suggest the use of a 'Simple HTTP Server' app to host the index.html and js file locally. I found this app worked great and was relatively simple to use: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.phlox.simpleserver

With this app (and its default settings) you copy the index.html and JS file into the directory specified in the app, hit the start button, and then use you web browser to navigate to 127.0.0.1:8080.

I have no idea if there's something similar available for an iPhone.

I hear there are PICO-8 cart player apps available too, but I didn't spot one after a brief search on the play store. Is there something simple available out there I can suggest as well?

Has anyone else ever worked out a solid process for accomplishing this?

Thanks!

-TBot709

P#144100 2024-03-22 02:45

[Please log in to post a comment]