Cart #mot_animsys2-0 | 2024-01-16 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This has been sitting on my drive for a year or so. I was meaning to write up some documentation for it, but I'm throwing it up as is for now. (Until I can remember how to use it.)

Basically it's a sequel to Mot's Animation System built on top of the 2D transforms library. The main improvement being that it supports rotation.

The basic idea is you create "sprite" animations based on frames on your tilemap. You can then combine them into "timeline" animations where position, rotation etc can be set at different points by creating keyframes.
There's also a "storyboard" animation type that simply plays other animations in order.

You can import gfx and tilemaps from other carts, save/load your projects. You can also export your animations to embed in your own projects if you wish. It's about 1700 tokens, although 1000 of that is the 2D transforms system. (I can post an example of this if anyone is interested.)

I'd write up some more, but I need to remember how it works myself :).

Maybe someone wants to have a play with it anyway.

EDIT:

Here's an example cart playing an exported image.
It uses tabs 2,3,4 of the editor, except I recovered about 200 tokens by stripping out some unused bits.

Cart #mot_animsys2_test-0 | 2024-01-16 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

P#140172 2024-01-16 00:34 ( Edited 2024-01-16 09:26)

Wow, this looks really powerful! Takes me back to my Flash days...

Great work! Can't wait to see what some sprite artists can do with this.

P#140187 2024-01-16 06:41

[Please log in to post a comment]