Okay first off, I just recently found and purchased Voxatron and it's f'n awesome. :) I love twinstick shooters and it's obvious that initial inspiration was Robotron (one of my all time faves) just looking at the title. Opening the engine for more in the future as well as the customization aspect is awesome (cause I like playing with voxels too).

Okay praise out of the way, two issues:

1.) The explosion sound of player death, BOOM! mines and barrels is cranked too high and distorts digitally in windows (not sure of other platforms). Even when you turn down the volumes (everything is actually about 30% louder than all other programs on my computer that generate audio) it still distorts so I'm thinking it's the internal mixing that's the culprit.

2.) What is the music format? I happen to know tracking and I remember running across the voxatron music showing it in tracker format...does it use BASS.DLL/support .xm/.it/.mod? If so, in the future will we be able to load our on music? There's actually a really AWESOME chip tracker called KlysTrack which does C64-ish chipsound generation and is really intuitive and fun to use (as far as trackers go) that I think if you asked nicely, you could add it to Voxatron for music support in the future. :)

Thanks!

P#6874 2012-12-14 03:19 ( Edited 2012-12-14 10:02)

One more thing...

I just thought of this...
Ability to treat objects individually as far as destruction is concerned...will this happen someday?

For instance, the really awesome city level a user uploaded....

If you shoot all the tires of the car, the car collapses/voxel piles....it would make more sense of the model could be created by the four tires + the car body....that way if the tires get shot up, the frame doesn't fall apart, which makes more sense. For the trees and mushrooms to breakaway seems natural....to shoo that tires of a car and it's totaled isn't as logical...i think having an object check box as 'indepentent' would solve this. I.e. if it's independent, then when touching other voxels, those voxels aren't going to be considered for that object's reactiont to gravity and destruction.

P#6875 2012-12-14 05:02 ( Edited 2012-12-14 10:02)

[Please log in to post a comment]

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-04-19 03:51:43 | 0.005s | Q:8