Use the z, x, and arrow keys to navigate through the menus.
This game is about buying and selling goods and traveling between outposts There are two types of goods: contraband and normal trade goods. The rules of the game are simple, you have 300 days to make as much money as possible and have the outposts up to level 3. Leveling outposts is completed through "outpost requests". These will upgrade the outposts so that they produce more.
The "hard mode" of the game is to complete all the outposts without selling any contraband.
Behind the Scenes
I wanted to make a game where trading was the main focus. I've always been inspired by games with traveling and trading. Games like Oregon Trail, Albion online, and text adventures in general. I was also inspired by another cart, Age of Ants, that used some really cute bugs as units. I wanted to use similar bugs as companions.
- added lantern of farsight item to plains
- bandit will never steal all items in inventory
- option to choose travel speed in menu
- removed sell back contraband to black market (no returns...)
- Fixed a small bug with the retire button
- Moved the level up text to not interfere with the retire button
My Wife for encouraging being very supportive and encouraging me in this endeavor and the great Pico 8 community :).
[Please log in to post a comment]