Not sure how a specific thing works in the game? Check the one-page PDF manual!
You signed up for the biggest martial-arts challenge in history! In a gauntlet beyond example, contestants from all around the world face myriads of artificial monstrosities to find out who can deal with them performing the most stylish and efficient combos. There’s a twist though - you can only move in accordance with the hand of cards you’re holding. Ah, there’s nothing like the beautiful arbitrariness of game rules...
- Exceptional replayability: No two playthroughs will be alike thanks to randomly generated arenas, monster spawns and a shuffled deck of movement cards!
- Simple, but deep: The game is easy to play, but a considerable amount of complexity emerges from the dense interactions between all its elements!
- Killing in style: Find creative ways to kill enemies by luring them into pits, smashing them into walls or other monsters, shoving them out of bounds or exposing them to the meditative power of your “spirit bomb” special move!
- Ranked mode: Reach score goals to win matches and move up through the ranks, making the game progressively more difficult. Can you win on rank 24?
- Endless mode: In case you like going for insane highscores, you totally can!
Fabian Fischer created the game to explore the possibilities of connecting a variety of contextual interactions to a simple core mechanism of card-based movement.
Added the option to manually choose your rank from the main menu (press left/right when ranked mode is selected). This will come in handy in case you lose your save file or just want to jump up a few ranks at once. Higher ranks have more enemies, but with that also more potential for crazy combos so check them out! :)
[Please log in to post a comment]