Why another snake?
This cart's main purpose is to be easily editable by kids:
They can draw new snakes in the sprite sheet, run the cart and immediately play with their creation, no code to change. All they need to do is to draw after existing ones and to know the order of the sprites: the tail, rotated body, body and finally head. Since you're a good parent you will help them ;) :
They can also draw new food. As for snakes, just draw them after existing ones and run the game:
There are multiple options to be sure the kids are enjoying the game:
- There's a kids mode on start menu, with a relatively low speed and no acceleration.
- In system menu you can activate "don't spawn food near walls in kids mode".
- In system menu you can slow down kids mode speed even more.
And finally, to be sure parents are enjoying the game too...
just try the normal or frenetic mode...
The other reason why I made this cart was to see how fast I could wrap up a simple game like this. Initial version was finished in seven hours. I needed a couple more (did not count after) to simplify the process of adding new sprites, improving the start menu and adding help page.
- Game by @docteeboh.
- food sprites a courtesy of @JUSTIN_CYR.
- Additional spritesheet system from this thread.
[Please log in to post a comment]