Cart #pyjama2b210721-0 | 2021-07-21 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

This is a demo for my next game, The Cat's Meow 2.

Muffie's café has started, but recently her business has been flagging thanks to a new café that opened up. And to make things worse, its owner has spread rumours about it. It's up to Lily (again) to save the reputation of the café.

This demo contains only four levels. I'm releasing a demo to ask for feedback. What sorts of things do you like and not like about this demo? Anything you think I should add? Anything I could do to make the game better?

Stats:
4793/8192 tokens used
23893/65535 characters used

P#95161 2021-07-21 23:52 ( Edited 2021-07-22 16:44)

Parabéns, você fez um ótimo jogo, colorido, bacana, viciante e sem bugs, muito bom!!!

(Congratulations, you made a great game, colorful, cool, addictive and bug-free, very good!!!
)

P#95165 2021-07-22 01:29

wow! looks fabulous so far

there are a couple nitpicky bugs i noticed that could be fixed easily

the first is that the enemies and background tiles seem to lag behind each other when the screen scrolls, i was able to fix this by moving the camera code in the _draw() function up right after the cls() calls in the if play==1 statement, so the camera no longer scrolls in between drawing the tiles and the enemies

the second was that, when landing, the player character would get stuck inside the ground for a frame before moving back out. i was also able to fix this, which you can do by replacing the first else in the physics() function with

end
if fget(mget(x/8+.5,y/8+1),0) then

so the player character would be pushed out of the ground the same frame they land

the temperature mechanic in the last level was very interesting! i'm looking forward to the full release

P#95191 2021-07-22 20:48

Thanks for the feedback!

@Numzyx: Thanks for helping me fix some bugs in my game. I'm still a relatively new PICO-8 programmer, so mistakes are bound to happen... I really appreciate it.

P#95200 2021-07-22 22:50

I absolutly can't wait for this game it goes back to thoes classic platformers and I think this mgiht make a absolutly fantastic speedrun, mkaing sure you've got the right drink and get all the madalion bonuses. can't wait for more levels and for more fun I love the level wraping maechanic, it' hard to wrap your brain around at first but once you get the hang of it it's super cool!. One thing I'd love but no need to add is a drink that slows down how cold you get so you can collect some more candy oreven a madalion even so this game is looking amzing and can't wait to see more, once this is done I really think this deserves a feature :D. it feels like it's going to turn out to be a funny little sotr and a great platformer. miaght even speedrun it yk it's got an igt timer too! can't wait for more and a fantastic game I tried the first one and wooo boy is the 2nd alredy shapeing up to be A FANTASTIC remake, hopeing for more and love what you've got <3

P#95423 2021-07-29 15:43

[Please log in to post a comment]

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-03-28 15:16:37 | 0.019s | Q:22