Hello there,

Krystman made an excellent Game called Porklike, you can find it here: https://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?pid=94445

I made a mod to this game which adds a german translation to it. Right after the Game starts, you'll be asked on which language you want to play.

I would've liked to add some more Functionality (like, a menuitem), but there wasn't enough tokens left to do so^^.

Here's the Mod:

Cart #porklike_de-4 | 2021-08-30 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Changelog:

porklike_de-4

• Oops, the last Patch didn't fix anything ("save @clip" seems to work a little different...). Now THIS Patch does what the previous Patch describes^^.

porklike_de-3

• "Slap" ("Ohrfeige") was mistakenly described as a Weapon that doesn't deal Damage. Fixed.

porklike_de-2

• Forgot ":" after "Wurstchain"/"Wurstkette", which looks odd after finishing the Game ("Wurstchain1"). Fixed.

porklike_de-1

• Somehow I didn't realised that the "Push"-Attack ("Stoß") is actually a ranged attack (though even the Original Text says that. Oops!). The German Description in the first Version doesn't tell you that, this Version does^^.

porklike_de-0

• First release.

--

What and how did I changed on the code?

• I have to make spaces for more Tokens, because the Original-Game has only 22 tokens left. Luckily, zep released a PICO8-Version that includes the "split"-command. Krystman used two Functions called "explode" and "explodeval" who does the same, so I replaced every "explode" with "split" and deleted these two Functions. After that, ~100 Tokens were here to use.
  • After that, there still wasn't enough tokens left for me, so I removed every "()" that weren't needed (like, split("XYZ") --> split"XYZ".
  • I want to use "german umlauts" (äöüß) on the Game, so I used the new ability to change the Fonts in PICO8. zep made a Cart for it: https://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?tid=41544
  • I also slightly modified the UI on the Game to have spaces for the translated words. German translations need more place^^.
  • There's a place in the Code where I used a "mid"-command, to prevent showed text Off-Screen.
  • An obvious one: Every word was put in a table, and every "print"-command uses the table. Easy^^.
  • There are a few Codes that are written like this in the Original Game:
    add (x, y)
    return y

I had to change it on one or two places in the code ("return add..."), to squeeze a few more tokens out of the File.

I really hope that I didn't write a few bugs on accident. I played this changed Cartridge a few times and never found a bug. (But I never reached the end, because I'm too bad in this Game^^).

P#94539 2021-07-07 07:21 ( Edited 2021-08-30 12:04)

[Please log in to post a comment]