Cart #fikozezipa-2 | 2021-01-26 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

I was kinda bored so i made a small shmup to surprise myself with. I kinda wanna add even more enemy types later but this is fine.

• up & down for up & down
  • Z/X fires a large pulse that gives iframes, destroys enemies and deletes projectiles. Beware the endlag.
    (it'll also save you if you use it within 8 frames of getting hit; a shrill sound plays to indicate success)
    (i put in that move because you need it because things move vertically sometimes sorry)

enemy types:

• magnets: they do nothing (and have no collision), but other enemies react to them
  • red & blue: magnetic. they attract to opposite-colored and repel from same-colored. (they ignore things that aren't red/blue)
  • green: centipede. they form trails behind other objects.
  • yellow: spinner. they orbit around magnets.
  • grey: gravity. they're lightly attracted to all other objects, but have actual momentum.
  • burgundy rings: they indicate that an enemy can shoot. such enemies also shoot on death, so beware.

if the presentation is obnoxious i'm also open for suggestions, especially accessibility reasons. the player shots flash rainbow, enemy sprites are barely different, and i don't always recognize when something sounds annoying

(it's probably also unfair in general sorry i'm still working out kinks)
there's also no rising difficulty yet so if you actually get good on it there's probably no upper bound? but i'm guessing you'll get hit by some nonsense eventually anyway

previous versions

Cart #fikozezipa-1 | 2021-01-26 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

P#86806 2021-01-26 12:28 ( Edited 2021-01-26 20:50)

[Please log in to post a comment]

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-03-28 13:19:51 | 0.010s | Q:16