While trying to make a "class" (metatable + constructor function) for big integers I stumbled upon a weird error. It went off a couple of times before, but I decided to finish debugging the "class" before I report it in case it went away. It's not a memory error or a stack overflow, because they get reported properly. I don't use any actual coroutines, nor you will find "yield" anywhere in my code. The code itself is a bit computation and memory heavy, there's probably a better approach to this, but none of it justifies such an error. Another thing I noticed is that it breaks on seemingly random lines, and almost any change to the code makes it change the line it reports as the source of the error. It even breaks in a different spot on the web than on my computer! (look at the line shown on the thumbnail vs what actually happens when you press and hold X)

The showcase is a simple program showing more and more powers of 15 as you press X. An interesting fact is that it breaks on different values depending on wether you press-and-hold X or repeatedly press X. It's all very confusing.

Cart #berozopugi-0 | 2020-12-13 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

P#85345 2020-12-13 12:17 ( Edited 2020-12-13 12:19)

[Please log in to post a comment]

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-03-29 15:13:37 | 0.009s | Q:15