In my qsort() thread:

https://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?tid=38679

If you click the "Code" button on the embedded cart and scroll down to qsort() or iqsort(), you'll see a line near the top of each function that says, if l then, but the line inside the cart is actually if l<r then, so if anyone grabs the code for the function, they get a corrupted version of it.

I'm guessing this, and possibly other, reserved HTML elements are not being escaped properly...?

P#78960 2020-07-05 23:31 ( Edited 2020-07-05 23:35)

Oh, and if you're in there fixing this, also please remember that this inline code tagged with single backticks that should end HERE -> doesn't actually end until the end of a paragraph, which means old posts look terrible, so no one uses backticks to show inline code anymore (I just use boldface).

In fact, now that I look at the result, it's not even inline, maybe because the rest of the paragraph was so long, but I promise you, the final backtick was several lines earlier than it actually ended.

Side note about that: On the wiki, I felt like I got the best result for inline code by setting the css to use a sans-serif monospace font with heavy/bold weight. I think it just felt more like a PICO-8 font that way. The inverse text here feels hard on the eyes.

This is what I used, with the list of fonts borrowed largely from wikipedia and slightly tweaked.

font-family: Monaco, Menlo, Ubuntu Mono, Consolas, source-code-pro, monospace;
    font-style: normal; 
    font-weight: bold;
    line-height: 1.05em;

I'm also planning to make it a slightly brighter color to make it stand out more, but that requires a bunch of editing because I didn't plan something very well in the past. ;)

P#78961 2020-07-05 23:35 ( Edited 2020-10-18 09:49)

[Please log in to post a comment]

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-04-18 11:22:25 | 0.013s | Q:11