I'm working on a big project for PICO8.

Around the end of 2018, I learned about the scalability of multi-carting and continued to research and create it to this day.

We were able to give each of the four carts a role, rather than just being a data bank .

Cart 1: Title/Ending/3D dungeon scene
Cart 2: Platformer Scene
Cart 3: Cooking Scene
Cart 4: World Map Scene/Important Item Riddle Solving Operation

Because of these many factors, an hour or more of play is a must.
Data saves are automatic.
(Position when resume, growth and LIFE, possessions, time, status of NPCs helped, farmland, important items, veggies, history of veggies removed, history of enemies removed, and other things for cart-to-cart interaction).

Most of the game system is complete. I'm currently assembling the map for the later areas.

If anyone is planning an original, reasonably large game, PICO8 will be used as a prototype. It looks like they will progress the production and do the actual product in another game engine. I've seen some of those opinions. (Not my project.)

So sometimes what I do seems like a waste of time or laziness in choosing a development environment.
I don't see a lot of things planned in PICO8 from start to finish. It's not much.
Is it because of the scarcity that I am still developing? I don't think that's the only reason.

I'm not great at asking questions and such. Still, I've been able to implement a lot of features in the game because people before me have been posting and discussing their work repeatedly. Thanks for leaving the information, very grateful to you.

(I think the English translation is unnatural because it is a long sentence.)

KONSAIRI trial

P#78871 2020-07-04 07:18 ( Edited 2020-09-27 13:43)

I've seen this pass by a few times before, when it was earlier in development.
I just sat down to try it out for the first time now, and wow, the scale and ambition of this project are impressive! At first I really didn't understand it because I didn't know that beets woke people up. But a look at the list of vegetable effects solved all that. The cooking mechanic is fun and presented beautifully, everything looks pretty and tasty! The presence of rhythm/timing elements makes it extra exciting.

I visited the starting area and the village. I managed to open the house doors in the village using a parsnip, but I couldn't figure out how to enter the doors. Am I meant to be able to enter them?
Also, it is correct that I cannot advance to the left of the starting point, right?

One strange thing I noticed: jumping maxes out the virtrual CPU, causing framedrops. This makes jumps feel quite twitchy, especially because the jump height is so low, too.
The CPU also gets maxed out just from walking almost anywhere, and even from standing still near an NPC.
This makes me believe that, at least in the platformer scene, this game would be better to be locked at 30 FPS. (Or maybe there's optimisations that can be made?)
Also, when you press UP+X with no vegetable in your hands, the pink "action circle" appears for a frame.

I can't wait to see where this will go next.
It would be really cool to have .p8 carts available eventually, to have the experience on the actual PICO-8 system.

EDIT: Oh by the way, each download on Itch contains 8 copies of each file (even all the files in the MacOS version), but I made sure to only use the latest one of each. As an example, I've attached the contents of the Windows zip. You might want to fix that, though!

P#78881 2020-07-04 09:25 ( Edited 2020-07-04 10:20)

@Decidetto
Wow, I'm glad you know from a much earlier version!

Yes, waking up the NPCs and eating is the basis of getting this game going! (Each NPC is linked to the opening of a path somewhere.)
As you guessed, you can't pass just left of the starting area. As the game progresses to a certain extent, you'll be able to get through the path there.
And the same goes for how to get in the door.

I've almost given up on improvements regarding CPU load.
I think the 30fps fix is a good suggestion.
But it's stagnant because it needs a pretty big fix to reflect that.

Any other behavior that bothers me will be fixed in the production version!
Thank you so much for the anticipation!

(A version with the duplicate file content removed has been uploaded to itch.io!

P#78918 2020-07-05 02:59

@Decidetto

Hello.

I wanted to tell you.
If you're still interested, go take a look.
KONSAIRI is complete and was recently released on Steam!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1448220/KONSAIRI/

The manual contains information that was missing during the game.

P#84115 2020-11-11 14:23

@shiftalow
That's wonderful! Congratulations on the release!
I'll be checking it out.

P#84122 2020-11-11 18:54 ( Edited 2020-11-11 18:54)

[Please log in to post a comment]

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-04-20 10:04:33 | 0.038s | Q:17