So here I have the LATEST UPDATE to the Lonely Voxel! So much hype, coming from me!
I've just added a few more areas thanks to little time and/or inspiration.

An idea that I implemented in the end is a simple HUD editor deal. Thanks to Draw In Screen Space you can move an animation up where the HUD is, as everything besides props can be put 15(?) voxels above the editing area, though they can't be seen until the level is played.

It can't be used for health or anything (unless you have a REALLY intricate boss) but can be used for "quest item collection" like the Spiritual Stones or key items. Or you could change the font, add vines on the weapon box, name weapons, many possibilities.

I also found exploding enemies neato.

P#7836 2013-09-21 22:59 ( Edited 2013-09-23 23:05)

And to just have it out there; when varying camera angles are implemented, could orthogonal be an option for ingame also? Side-scrollers would look just plain neat, and you could have top-down bird's eye view like in RPGs.

Different brush shapes and sizes would be great, too. A line tool, a circle tool, and varying their sizes would make voxel-sculpting a lot more conventional, and quicker.

P#7838 2013-09-21 23:26 ( Edited 2013-09-22 17:27)

loved the hud ideas, trough custom huds will only be available on later updates, this one is quite interesting, the only sad part is that we can't use it on the hearts just yet.
the book room is glitching right now, you placed the actor outside the room after all.
also, I loved the monster on the picture, the animation of him coming out just gave me the idea of using a diferent appeareance animation for each custom monster, that sounds interesting huh?

Edit: I loved all your suggestions (tought simple and easy they are not) and I would love to have them on voxatron, but locking the camera angle so the player doesn't change it later would also be great at a next update

P#7839 2013-09-23 18:01 ( Edited 2013-09-23 22:11)

Thanks for feedback! Yeah, I rushed it out a bit quick, but I've just come out of a no-game hiatus just recently. But lately I've been packing loads more stuff in short time. I hope the people like what I eventually put out!

You can move stuff over the hearts, like an ornate casing or something like that (that doesn't get in the way of the heart) even without being able to change the heart itself. I better do something quick, before an update. (it's a good thing)

Expect SOMETHING to do with the hud in the future for my level!

P#7841 2013-09-23 19:05 ( Edited 2013-09-23 23:05)

[Please log in to post a comment]

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-04-16 20:23:00 | 0.006s | Q:13