Cart #summitshake-1 | 2020-05-02 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

OVERVIEW

Being a mountain is tough. It's always cold and windy. Moving around takes a while. It's also hard to get some sleep because humans relentlessly scale you. Wouldn't it be nice if they took a tiny tumble down a steep slope? As it turns out, a brief shake is all it takes to have those climbers lose their footing. But will crippling their compatriots be enough to discourage them?

CONTROLS (DPAD)

• LEFT/RIGHT: Target a side.
  • DOWN: Shake targeted side.

REFLECTIONS

This is the first game I've made on PICO-8 so constructive criticism is very welcome. I couldn't have done this without my artist/idea-person/sister Humanic.
I submitted this to the Dream Arcade Archive jam but it was adapted from my unfinished concept for Mini Jam 53, the theme of which was, you guessed it: Summit. It could be more arcadey but I wanted to move on to my next game thing. I'm not opposed to revising but I want to stumble through a few more projects first.

Thanks for playing and reading! Hope you were able to feel some positive emotions from this experience.

P#75732 2020-05-02 04:53 ( Edited 2020-05-02 04:56)

I like how you made a description for the game instead of just leaving it blank!

P#75735 2020-05-02 06:11

[Please log in to post a comment]