Cart #spacefluff-0 | 2020-02-16 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Space Fluff

Hi guys, this was my first successful attempt at making a "full game" in anything. I've had Pico 8 for a while now and dabbled with it but over the past couple of months I've been learning again from scratch over some lunch breaks and threw together this small shooter.

If anyone has any feedback or finds any noticeable bugs i'd appreciate it! I'm not planning on expanding the game at all but i'd love to hear any critique. I thoroughly enjoyed finally finishing a project and want to work on a new one now I have gotten a good feel for it, just haven't worked out what kind yet!

Features

-One stage that runs for about 2 minutes
-Boss fight
-Score bonuses for killing specific waves
-Randomised star field background

It's not much but i'm definitely pleased with it for my first attempt!

P#73152 2020-02-16 11:25

well done - you got transitions, game loop and clean code.
some more enemy variety would be nice (and a boss that doesn’t look like a saucer plate?? ;) )

P#73153 2020-02-16 12:44

Thanks!

To be fair I hadn't even realised it looked like a saucer plate until you said that and now I completely can't unsee it. Sound and Graphic design are definitely not my strong point at all though :P

I did plan on having the title and game over fade in/out but couldn't work out how best to achieve it. I assume i'd have to just gradually alter the palette over time as there's no gradual fade based functions that I could see?

Also there were originally going to be other enemy types (Hence why all the enemies were listed as Enemy1) but just felt happier closing it off now and starting something fresh. Maybe this'll get a sequel with all those improvements in the future though!

P#73158 2020-02-16 15:11
P#73160 2020-02-16 15:45

Oh wow that’s awesome I can’t believe I didn’t find that when I tried reading up on it! I’ll keep a note of that thanks :D

P#73161 2020-02-16 16:02

[Please log in to post a comment]

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-03-28 10:30:43 | 0.010s | Q:21