Cart #laby-0 | 2019-12-04 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Hi! I made a super small labyrinth game.
I found out about pico while studying shortest path algorithms in graphs and I thought that trying to implement some of that in pico would be a fun way to learn both, so here we are.
Hope you like it

Incipit: you're an explorer trying to find an exit out of the labyrinth he found himself to, but you seem to only go deeper... there is something stalking you in the dark.

Visualizer: the game has also an A* visualizer built-in, in the menù, pressing z will start it, pressing it again will reset the labyrinth and the visualizer.

Game: pressing x in the menu will start the game: you'll find yourself in a dark labyrinth, with only the light of your torch illuminating the room you're in. you'll need to find the exit, and the music will help you, it'll change based on how near you are

P#70563 2019-12-04 10:51

Colors are a little confusing. Here I recolored so the walls can clearly be seen and the light around the player is darker so the walls stand out more clearly.

Might also add an AUTO MAPPER. I did this HERE:

https://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?tid=35849

Cart #madesopuno-0 | 2019-12-04 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

As for the visualizer, you might have it erase all traces to dead-ends so when complete it shows only the correct path from the start to end.

P#70579 2019-12-04 17:45 ( Edited 2019-12-04 18:05)

Thanks for the feedback,
you're right about the walls being too dark and the automapper seems fun to try make, so I'll look into that too, thanks for the reference, btw.

As for the visualizer I wanted to show all the algorithm movement, but maybe instead of erasing the wrong moves I could highlight the correct path in a different color?

P#70586 2019-12-04 18:47

[Please log in to post a comment]

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-03-29 00:12:23 | 0.012s | Q:23