Welcome to the Zen Puzzle Garden forum!

Feel free to talk about anything ZPG related in this forum. You can also post gardens that you have made and play other people's gardens.

How to Play a Garden

You can play gardens posted in the BBS as follows:

1. Select the text from the garden file. Click and drag from 'Title:' down to the end of the ----'s. i.e. select everything in the white box.
2. Choose Edit->Copy to copy the garden to the clipboard.
3. Switch back to Zen Puzzle Garden (or open it if you don't have it running yet).
4. In the garden designer, click 'Open' and then 'Open From Clipboard'.

And Blam! You have the garden ready to play. Note that this doesn't automatically save the garden to disk, so you may want to also save it at this point if you like the look of it.

You can try it out now with this garden:

[code]
Title: Scoop
Author: lexaloffle
Difficulty: 3
Season: 0
Validation: 74e2a820
Rocks: bhg
-------------------------------
# # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # 
# # # . . . . . . . r . . # # # 
# # # . . . . . . o . . . # # # 
# # # . . . . O . O O r . # # # 
# # # . . r . y . . . . . # # # 
# # # . . . . O O . . . . # # # 
# # # . . . . . . . . . . # # # 
# # # . . . . . . . . . . # # # 
# # # . . . r . . . . . . # # # 
-------------------------------

[/code]
Cart #1001 | 2010-10-01 | Embed ▽ | No License

How to Post a Garden

1. Register on this forum if you have not already by clicking the :: Join :: button in the menu at the top of the page.
2. In the garden designer, click 'Save' and then 'Save to Clipboard' to copy the garden to the clipboard.
3. Start a new thread for your garden ('New Topic'), or reply to another thread if appropriate.
4. In your message, choose Edit->Paste to insert the garden into your message.

Don't forget to choose a title, author, and difficulty level for your garden before posting. It is also useful to validate the garden before posting so that others know that the puzzle is solvable. To do this, just solve the puzzle yourself before saving to disk or to the clipboard.

If you have any problems, please post them here or contact me (hey [at] lexaloffle [dot] com). Have fun!

-J

P#56 2007-04-03 05:54 ( Edited 2007-04-03 09:54)

I tried using that sample garden about 3 times and all I kept getting from the game was the clipboard doesn't have a valid garden.

P#689 2009-03-15 13:18 ( Edited 2009-03-18 19:30)

Hi Fennyariel

Which web browser are you using? There used to be a bug with Internet Explorer, but I fixed it in v1.27

If you want to update to the latest version, you can do so here: @

P#692 2009-03-18 15:30 ( Edited 2009-03-18 19:30)

[Please log in to post a comment]

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-04-19 07:43:08 | 0.008s | Q:14