I just made this little game in 7 hours for the Impact Jam, a game jam organized by GameImpact and EPITECH for the 20th anniversary of the school. I am actually graduating next year so I wanted to participate in this big jam with all the students.

The theme was "Making games to fight against discriminations", so I chose a topic that we tend to forget and that I heard about last week, which is gender pay gap. In this versus game, one of the players will obtain 20% fewer points for the same actions. This is the first mode but there are actually 3 different modes!

I don't want you to get hyped about the gameplay of this game (even though I heard some of the students had lots of fun playing it), but I made this more as an experience that can deliver a message.

This is my first game of this genre but I really liked making it, even though I wish I had more time to make a badass gameplay with particles and most importantly, screen shakes.

You can try it even if you are alone, but get prepared to control two players at the same time! Actually, I intentionally chose to make this game a multiplayer game because it is easier to start a conversation about this topic when you are at least two. Or maybe you can give your thoughts in the comments?

Thanks for playing!

Cart #riafversus-0 | 2019-03-23 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

P#62973 2019-03-23 09:20

Propaganda game

P#62979 2019-03-23 18:17

Nice work! :D Easy to play, gets the point across well. Also, having the coin drops identical on both side helps communicate the point of "all other things being equal..."

P#62982 2019-03-23 21:33

Thans @MBoffin for noticing this little thing about coin drops. When I coded it the first time, it wasn't the same on each side and then I voluntary decided to make it like this!

P#62983 2019-03-23 22:14

[Please log in to post a comment]

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-03-29 13:11:35 | 0.014s | Q:22