Recently, I had an idea about a game in which you use a boomerang to freeze swarms of enemies. I thought I could make it in less than 560 characters (and submit to TweetTweetJam) but I was wrong. At least, it wasn't a complete failure, as I found the boomerang mechanics rather interesting. So I supposed I could share my experiment to get some feedback or suggestions about implementing something similar in a proper game.

The game is plain simple: survive as long as you can. You can freeze/stun your enemies throwing them the Legendary Boomerang of Ice. If an enemy is hit, the boomerang comes back to you. It also comes back when it reaches its maximum range. If you hit an enemy already frozen, the freeze effect is extended. As time goes by, new enemies pop up (frozen for a few seconds) and also their speed increases. A frozen enemy doesn't kill you but makes the thrown boomerang return to you. Different colours give information about enemy status. Enemies overlap because... because they want to.

Cart #59115 | 2018-11-17 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

P#59116 2018-11-17 16:33 ( Edited 2018-11-17 21:33)

[Please log in to post a comment]

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-03-28 21:07:13 | 0.010s | Q:15