Welcome to the new Lexaloffle BBS!

You can find archived posts from the old phpBB forum here:
@

If you're not a member and would like to post, please join up by clicking on :: Join :: in the menu above. Sorry, I could find an easy way to transfer accounts from the old BBS, so please just sign up again.

This new BBS was created in order to cut down on spam and to allow future development. It's pretty bare-bones (and buggy) at the moment, but you can use a few basic tags in your posts.

The most useful one is the hidden tag, which allows you to post spoilers for puzzles etc. without initially displaying them. To make something hidden, use the hidden tag: [ hidden ] (but without spaces)

For example, if you use:

[ hidden ]The butler did it![ / hidden ] (without the spaces), it looks like this:

The butler did it!

Other tags are (again, I've added spaces at the start and end of each tag so that they are displayed as normal text):

[ img ]image url[ /img ]
[ b ] something bold [ /b ] --> something bold
[ u ] something underlined [ /u ] --> something underlined
[ i ] something in italics [ /i ] --> something in italics

Anything starting with http: or ftp: is automatically turned into a link.

If you would like to play around with formatting, feel free to post your test in this thread:

@

P#51 2007-03-21 06:51 ( Edited 2007-03-21 10:51)

I am not able to edit my profile.
Any ideas?

Mark

P#80 2007-04-06 10:58 ( Edited 2010-04-10 14:43)

Ah. Thanks for pointing that out. I'm away for the weekend so can't fix it right now, but in the meantime you can click on edit profile, and then in the url replace 'forum' with 'bbs'.

P#81 2007-04-07 04:21 ( Edited 2010-04-10 14:43)

Hi Joseph,

I tried that, but it only brings me back to the Main BBS screen.
Will wait until you get back.

Thank you,
Mark

P#82 2007-04-07 16:14 ( Edited 2010-04-10 14:43)

It should be working now.

P#93 2007-04-09 23:30 ( Edited 2010-04-10 14:43)

i have my reciept numberfor chocolate castle,how do i change from demo?

P#170 2007-04-29 14:28 ( Edited 2010-04-10 14:43)

Hi Cheryl. You should have recieved an email with a download link for the full version of the game. If it didn't reach you, or you're just having trouble installing it, feel free to email me: [email protected]

Alternatively you can use the upgrades/redownload page which also has a few notes on how to install:
@

P#171 2007-05-01 08:33 ( Edited 2010-04-10 14:43)

First off, I want to say, I love your Zen Puzzle Garden. It is a genius puzzle game. I work a dull and hard physical job, and so, for a hobby, I enjoy sitting down and doing something relaxing, fun, and stimulating for my mind; Zen hits the spot!

I was trying to download other people's gardens to my computer (I am usually pretty good at doing stuff like this) but I could not figure out how to do it, even by following the instructions. This is what I am doing:

I highlight all the text it the white box (from title down to --) 
 I hover my mouse over highlighted text, right-click, and choose 'copy'
 I then open Zen Puzzle Garden to main page and choose 'Garden Designer'
 From the Garden Designer page I choose OPEN and then, OPEN FROM CLIPBOARD

I then get a message that says "The clipboard does not appear to contain a valid garden." 
 I figure, I have to 'paste' the text I copied somewhere, but I cannot figure out where; the instructions say to choose Edit-->copy, but I do not see an 'edit' anywhere. (I am using I.E.7 which also does not have an 'edit' button.)

Thank you for your time and for a [b]great game[b]!

p.s. I also love Chocolate Castle.

P#583 2008-06-17 16:21 ( Edited 2010-04-10 14:43)

UPDATE:
Since posting last, I have discovered that if I use the page called the "BBS Miner," I am able to access gardens to my clipboard. However, if I try from the page titled "Lexaloffle BBS," I am not able to access the gardens to my clipboard. Nor, of course, can I access the garden on the Instruction page.

I have also determined that if I use Firefox instead of Internet Explorer, I can access any garden from any page.

Therefore, since I can always get the gardens in some way, I am Okay :)

Still...if anybody has any suggestions as to why this is occurring, I would welcome your ideas. (Before I discovered that Firefox works fine, I tried disabling every one of my I.E. add-ons, shutting off my antivirus program, and changing my I.E. security settings to low, all to no avail.)

Thanks again

P#584 2008-06-18 07:41 ( Edited 2010-04-10 14:43)

Hey phoenix-girl

There's a weird behaviour (bug?) in I.E. which causes end-of-line characters to go missing whenever you copy text from a web page. You can see the result by pasting it into notepad or some other text editor. It ends up being one long line which Zen can't interpret. I don't know why the BBS miner ones should work except that they use a slightly different way of displaying the text which I.E. treats correctly.

Anyway, I think the best solution for now is to use Firefox. (For anyone else reading.. @ - a great web browser ). I'll include a work-around in the next version update of Zen so that text from IE will work as well. I hope you didn't spend too long trying to figure that one out!

P#585 2008-06-18 12:18 ( Edited 2010-04-10 14:43)

Dear Lexaloffle,

Thank you for your reply. I should of thought of Firefox right away, since Firefox has always fixed these kinds of problems for me in the past. I guess I did not really believe the text would (or could) just automatically copy into the game; seems a bit like magic to me!

Your reply makes sense. Before I did try Firefox, I actually figured out the long way around to copying a garden: by coping the text directly into the 'garden' folder. I had to figure out what text to use and how to save it. I did not mind, though, because after all, I [i]like[i] figuring out puzzles :)

Anyway, thanks again for a great game!

P#586 2008-06-20 02:31 ( Edited 2010-04-10 14:43)

[Please log in to post a comment]

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-03-28 10:50:41 | 0.009s | Q:23