Cart #40451 | 2017-05-11 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

The green pipe is about to flood! Better connect it to the red drain pipe before releasing the waters.

Try to build a continuous pipe without any uncapped ends. If the water reaches the end without spilling, you win!

todo:

• nicer border art and upcoming tiles area
  • score system to reward speed and punish unattached tiles
  • should tile types be weighted?
  • should capped tiles be more clear?
  • rework some sounds
  • music?
P#40452 2017-05-11 01:55 ( Edited 2017-05-11 18:42)

Nice !
It is perfectly playable but yes, I think weighted tiles is necessary because otherwise it is quite hard to finish. Currently, capped tiles become very important after a certain time because of the Ts. Maybe you should make those rarer.
Here is my first game (just before winning) :

I was waiting for a capped end for a place where I had no other choices, so I got a lot of useless pieces. But well, my strategy was not perfect, I should not have blocked myself like that in the first time.

It's funny you are doing a plumber game. I tried to find a style that was not overly represented on PICO-8 for my first game, and we end up doing a plumber-style game at the same time.
Totally not a problem though, I am not complaining !

P#40454 2017-05-11 08:18 ( Edited 2017-05-11 12:18)

Has some potential to be fun, you just have to come up with something challenging. That can be scoring you on the number of wasted tiles, but maybe a better way would be to make the goal harder - limit the number of tiles you must use, limit the playfield (remove some/most of the floor), add a time factor?

I'd definitely play with different weighting of tile types to see what's the most fun - it's hard to tell without trying.

You might want to introduce different levels with multiple start/end pipes, varied floor shapes, tile weights - to aid replayability.

Given a bit of polish, it's a good start towards a small and playable puzzle game :).

P#40465 2017-05-11 14:42 ( Edited 2017-05-11 18:42)

[Please log in to post a comment]