On the web player, if a cart plays any sound in the very beginning, right as it starts, that sound seems to always get cut off.

e.g.: https://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?pid=11255&tid=2020

The same cart when played from the native player does not get its sound cut off at the beginning.

(I don't remember if it was always like this or if this was introduced at some point. I noticed it a while back when I posted this music visualizer; I had to add a delay at the start, as a work-around to avoid an unpleasant cutting off of the first note.)

I don't know anything about web audio so feel free to ignore this next part, but it seems like since there is already a boot screen intro before a cart starts, if there's some sort of audio buffer initialization that could be done there before the cart starts producing audio, that would be a perfect way to seamlessly fix this issue.

EDIT: I should add that I use Chrome on Linux and I have no idea if it happens on other OS/browser combos

P#38824 2017-03-28 18:28 ( Edited 2017-03-28 22:31)

With web player 0.1.12 (or maybe it's due to a Chrome update) this appears to be worse than it was before, i.e. a greater length of audio is cut off at the beginning.

Since posting the above, I have been able to test with other OSes and can confirm it happens everywhere I've tested with Chrome. However, Firefox seems to be unaffected (on Mac, Linux, and Android)! So it is apparently Chrome-specific.

P#60515 2019-01-02 23:24 ( Edited 2019-01-02 23:55)

[Please log in to post a comment]

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-03-28 09:13:10 | 0.005s | Q:11