As I'm learning P8 and getting back into a low-level state of mind, I'm finding that (like anything) you need a plan to get a project done, but even more so in this type of environment...and that means you probably have notes, charts, doodles, spreadsheets...whatever...

I'm just wondering what physical artifacts folks create when building a game. And maybe, if you're keen to it, take a quick photo and post it.

I'm not asking anyone to give away their secret sauce or blueprints for their "next big thing" but just something to give insight into the creative and development process you go through...especially if you've made what most people would consider a "polished" game.

I just finished my first program but I did most my planning/doodling "in code" as I worked through what I wanted to do. So now I'm looking back to refactor and thinking about how to best plan things out. All in all, I'm just looking for inspiration.

Going back to basics like this is both wonderful and frustrating...but in a good way :) I haven't done it like this in decades but something about it just feels good.

P#20269 2016-05-07 00:50 ( Edited 2016-05-07 17:47)

I don't have any physical artifacts but I do have a timelapse of when I made Need For Seed: Undergrowth. Made it in 48 hours for Ludum Dare 34, did a few hours of polish a few days later which wasn't recorded. I also saved a GIF after I completed each feature and collected them together into a GIF timeline.

P#20286 2016-05-07 13:47 ( Edited 2016-05-07 17:47)

[Please log in to post a comment]

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-04-16 10:51:13 | 0.020s | Q:11