Cart #musinayuku-0 | 2023-05-27 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Demo for my INSANIQUARIUM Demake in Pico-8. Currently have the basic framework for the game in place but want feedback before making more content. Currently lacking..

Levels: Only 1 level per Tank. Planning on doing 3 levels per Tank instead of the normal 5

Pets: Already started work on Pets but none are in this Demo. Planning on having 12 Pets instead of 20

Art: Some art is in place for clarity but most of the fish are simple cubes with color schemes from the original game. Planning on finding an artist to commission for help with the rest of the art like the title screen, the fish, and backgrounds

Sound: Saving sound for last since its what I'm least experienced in and unsure on how I want to do sounds at the moment

Other than those 4 things (Which is a lot) most of the game is finished. However I want other peoples opinions in terms of balance and any weird glitches that I might have missed. I tried to get the balance as close to the original game as possible but don't feel it's 100% the way there. Currently sitting at around 4754 Tokens so I still have a decent amount of room for more content and polish

P#130161 2023-05-27 12:52

Nice work so far! Just got done with level 1 and 2. Some suggestions:

• For Level 1, can you make the 1k fish (shark?) change a different color then yellow when hungry? Otherwise they blend in with the other big yellow fish, but maybe that won't be an issue once the art gets an upgrade.
  • An auto-feeder upgrade. Maybe clicking it again could toggle it on/off.
  • an upgrade to that picks up loot for you (I'm guessing that's what pets are for? It's been ages since I've played)
  • A picking up loot on mouse-over upgrade. Maybe further upgrades could pick up or attract in a larger area?
  • A small name or description of the items somewhere when hovering over them would also be helpful.
  • For the level select screen, a completion star or something next to the levels you completed
P#130229 2023-05-27 22:17 ( Edited 2023-05-27 22:19)

Thank You! In response to some of the suggestions:

• That was a problem I noticed as well. I'm using the same colors that the original game does but the problem comes down to the lack unique sprite and the secondary color (The color on the top of every fish) Not being as prominent as they are in the main game. I am Hoping some actual will be able to fixthe issue though

• There is an auto feeder pet in the original game that I'm planning on adding. But I think the issue comes down to how frequently you have to feed your fish. Which I've been trying to balance for a while but can't seem to find the sweet spot

• There is another pet in the game for that purpose that I'm planning on adding

• I might as an accessibility option then, Since I personally didn't think of it

• Part of me forgot how cryptic the game could be if you haven't already played it. But now that I think of it I might want to make a out of game manual similar to the one for Alien Harvest

• Currently a part of the plan. I'm just waiting till I can get individual levels. But instead of stars I'm gonna have times since getting faster times is a big part of the game for me

But I'm glad you enjoyed it and I hope you get around to playing Tanks 3 and 4 as well!

P#130236 2023-05-28 04:11

how to play the game? :)

P#130311 2023-05-30 15:15

I don't have a manual yet unfortunately

P#130351 2023-05-31 04:32

[Please log in to post a comment]