V2 Improved graphics, simplicity and music
Hi everyone, I just finished a new game. It's a tree planting simulator !
I'm an ex tree planter, and always wanted to make a game using the mechanics of this job since it feels a bit like a puzzle.
How to play
- Leave spacing between your trees so they can grow properly, 1 meter equals one space (8X8 pixel).
- Trees need to have a certain density for a radius to fullfill the reforestation requirement, i.e. in a radius of 4m I want to have about 5 trees. When you hold z button it opens up the radius and tells you (actual trees / number there should be). You can move the plot around while holding the button.
- You cannot bring too many trees with you, cause it's too heavy, so place your cache wisely to fill up your bags without having to walk too much ! eventually by buying new bags you will increase your capacity.
- Sometimes there is slash in the way (residues of wood or rocks). You can destroy it to make room for a perfectly placed tree. eventually buying a new shovel will help destroy them.
- Buying new boots will increase your speed.
- You earn money for every tree planted, the price is different for each block.
- Having a perfect density of trees will give you 50pts (it tolerates 0.5 difference high or low). In the level report, if you see > sign it means try to plant with more space, if you see < then tighten up your trees (< too low density, > too high density). If your density is wrong, you have a minus (10 * the difference with the requirement) pts.
- You need to plant at least 1/5 of all trees or you will get a minus 50pts.
- The faster you finish, more points you get.
- You get minus 5 points for trees that are too close to each others, and minus 10 points for trees planted in the woods, road or water.
- Repair and buy new equipment at the shops. Planting a tree wears out equipment.
- Rest at camp sites to replenish energy, moving and planting wears out energy.
- Use the arrows to travel between different regions
- Golf Story : relaxing puzzle on different terrain
- Gargoyle's Quest : simple abilities to level up instead of character levelup
- Uniracer : your character being an object
- Mario 3 : the overworld to present levels with different paths
- Final Fantasy : management of resting and shops and music
Thanks to my big brother for introducing me to the world of video games, game design and also pico8. I'm having a blast and I've been learning a lot through this experience !
Can't wait to read your comments on the game, hope you like it ;)
[Please log in to post a comment]