Cart #crystal-9 | 2022-07-11 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Colonize the planet!

To win the game, find, activate and connect 5 ancient crystal drills with the core!

How to play

• start building solar panels and hydro-power-plants
  • connect them to quarries to get more minerals
  • build more stuff using minerals

keyboard

O - choose things to build (terrain dependent). Destroy building.
X - construct building. mass building with X+arrows. terrain sensitive. pipette tool.

hold X on building - investigate requirements, connected suppliers and consumers, and the cluster's netto production
keep holding X - show map and stats

Game Mode: Post Apocalypse

You find the ruins of a lost civilization scattered on the planet. The mineral resources have been depleted and the yield of mineral mining is low.

You have to refactor, rebuild and recycle of what is left on the surface.

You can start this game mode from the pause menu.

Credits:

P#113929 2022-07-03 14:44 ( Edited 2022-07-11 20:39)

@sulai Sorry, I don't understand how to get into this game - I really think it needs more instructions.

I took me a while to realise that building was location specific. So I had to be on a mountain to have the option to build a quary or in the water to build a hydro-power plant.

Once I had a quary, I connect it to a power plant and slowly I get more minerals. This seemed like progress

I created a Land Purifier and put two solar panels next to it. Nothing seemed to happen. When I move over the Land Purifier it lights up orange as do the solar panels. This shows its working ?? But the land purifier didn't ever seem to do anything.

I restarted and there was a crystal drill. So I used roads to connect this to the core. Again nothing seemed to happen.

From what I've seen it looks interesting, but I am just unsure as to what I'm supposed to be doing. I think confirmation that items are working would be helpful (e.g. the quarry lights up when its making things)
It looks interesting

P#113977 2022-07-05 13:16

> But the land purifier didn't ever seem to do anything.

Hold X to see a buildings resource needs. A land purifier requires 3 energy to work, eg 3 solar panels.

Same for crystal drills. They need a lot of inputs, it's best to check what it needs by holding X on the drill.

The game is a lot about production/consumption and routing of resources. For me the routing part is the most interesting. You have to find pathes without cutting off other resources from getting to their destination.

Thank you for your feedback, I'll update the description with some more essentials :)

P#113978 2022-07-05 13:46

@phil I added a description what the keys do.

P#113979 2022-07-05 14:01

I added a new game mode:

POST APOCALYPSE!

You find the ruins of a lost civilization scattered on the planet. The mineral resources have been depleted and the yield of mineral mining is low.

I find this game mode very interesting to play. You have to "refactor", rebuild and recycle of what is left on the surface.

P#114156 2022-07-10 10:10 ( Edited 2022-07-10 10:15)

Been playing this game a lot for the past weeks. So much so, that I've been trying to beat my time. Pretty much speed-running it.

I usually beat it around 13 minutes and finally got to sub 10-minutes. It feels nice!

I've tried post-apocalypse mode, but unfortunately running in that mode sometimes crashes the game.

P#117198 2022-09-11 10:05

[Please log in to post a comment]

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2022-12-05 02:11:05 | 0.016s | Q:22