Cart #replic8r0-0 | 2022-02-28 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Second pico-8 project, this unfinished/abandoned gameplay clone of "copycat" by terry cavanagh (distractionware.com)

Unfinished because the cart's design is just too stupid and any sort of effort to fix things via contrived hack solutions would be wasted compared to just starting fresh.

One day i want to make a "replic8r 1" from the ground up that is actually good, but in the meantime, figured if I'm done with this i might as well post it even if it's broken.

if you enjoyed the gameplay you should check out the original, and maybe even make your own take on it.

P#107815 2022-02-28 13:48

Stupid ? Allow me to disagree, @PBS_toughbrook. This game is BRILLIANT ! Reminds me of some of the early IBM DOS games that came out such as "Dark Woods" and "Kingdom Of Kroz."

This is also the first type of game I have seen that allows you to rotate your character, and in fact this is required behavior to defeat the enemies and survive to the next level.

It's as if "Metal Gear Solid" got mega-retro. :)

This game just became one of my new favorite turn-based "ROGUE" type games.

As you plan to remake this in the future, I will definitely be looking forward to it !

Absolutely gold star work, your first of what I hope is many.

P#107834 2022-02-28 19:31

@dw817
Yeah, I agree, the game's design is great, but that's all from the original game and not my work. (I meant "gameplay clone" quite literally, although before I aborted the cart I planned to add quite a bit of new material)

P#107838 2022-02-28 20:49

You WROTE the game for Pico-8, @PBS_toughbrook. That in itself is a marvelous thing to do ! To bring the wonder of that game to Pico-8, where I can play it myself in my leisure.

I don't even plan to look at the original. I want to see what YOU can do in the future with what you know of it. And so far I am not disappointed. I am quite impressed, actually.

Keep at it and please give yourself more credit. Were it not for you I would not have even known about the game.

P#107844 2022-02-28 21:50

YO can you make the full game plz!!!!!!!!

P#108416 2022-03-11 01:22

[Please log in to post a comment]

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-04-16 04:22:16 | 0.032s | Q:22