Cart #misty_forest-2 | 2022-01-28 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

1.11 (22/01/28)

There were occasions where the enemies appeared to move at inconsistent speed, as if they rush at the player as soon as they can. This was really bad since the game kind of depends on the player being able to predict the enemy moves. My suspicion was rounding, so instead of setting their speed at 0.25, every enemy now has a timer that they can move one pixel only every four frames, which should be morally equivalent to speed 0.25. At least as far as my brain can tell at 2AM, the problem seems to be resolved, or much mitigated at least.

1.1 (22/01/25)

Tweaked the control a little to make turning the corners smoother. Mina will steer herself around the corner when she's partially blocked by a wall.

About

Mina got back on her journey home after finding her way out of Miromina, but she managed to get herself lost again in a forest. The forest is full of thick fog and, for some strange reason, sweets.

This is a puzzle game based on a simple fog of war. Mina will reveal her surroundings as she moves, and the enemies will move towards her if they are in the cleared tiles. Mina can't fight back, but she can lure them to move them out of choke points.

The game consists of 20 levels which appear in randomized order. Some are slightly trickier than others, but I think most of them are similarly difficult. There's no time limit, and you start with five lives. While there's no extra life from score or items the remaining lives will reset to 5 after a cutscene after clearing the first 10 levels.

P#105601 2022-01-25 05:04 ( Edited 2022-01-28 07:13)

I am charmed and delighted to see so very many interesting brain-tickling puzzles such as this, @katiusza ! Very unique gameplay, interesting mechanics, absolutely wonderful.

Gold star effort and work ! You have a lot to be proud of.

P#105603 2022-01-25 05:14

[Please log in to post a comment]

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-03-28 22:08:12 | 0.031s | Q:19