Page:

Really fun game, there are a bunch of creative bullet patterns I hadn't seen before and a super neat story. My only complaint was that there's a big difficulty spike once you get the cool crown.

P#110385 2022-04-18 03:55

@Droodle One of the best games I have ever played on here period! I love it so much. Reminds me of UNDERTALE one of my favorite games of all time. The story is amazing. The boss fights are cool. Very cool idea.

P#111295 2022-05-04 19:53

Cool game but i cant beat pacemaker/the skeleton thing, even with drain mode. Really interesting story though (at least the parts of it i could access)

P#111879 2022-05-16 10:11

Really awesome game dude!!! The game is very smooth, the art is pretty cool, I love the combat mechanic like a combination of Undertale and a rythm game.I love it <3 . Congratulation!!!

P#115013 2022-07-30 14:05

I have a fun (or just stupid) idea of a hardcore mode. With only one hp

P#115064 2022-07-31 14:29

Super fun game so far, but after around 25 minutes of attempting kingslayer with and without drain mode, i think im calling it quits.

P#116333 2022-08-26 19:00

i've auctally completed this game multiple times but i've never been able to open that grate with the 3 crowns on it , do i need to do something more besides escaping??

P#119214 2022-10-17 12:48

@Devilsfruitcake The first crown is the one you get from the crown smith, the second crown is the one you get from the final boss, (after killing the final boss you turn around and jump back down the well to get back into the rest of the map) and the third crown is inside of the chest back in town.

In order to open the chest, you need to get the key from a hidden boss through the left wall of the vertical section of the sewers.

Thanks for playing!

P#119220 2022-10-17 17:43

Hey @Droodle I love this game and I've played it many times, but I can only get the crown from the chest until I finish the game and get stuck, because I don't know if that were all the secrets or I just did something wrong. If you could help me I'd appreciate it so much!

P#119315 2022-10-19 17:09

@Japineiro Where are you getting stuck? After beating the blueprint, you can go back to the left to return to the rest of the map.

To open the secret grate with three crowns on it:

Defeat the crown smith and get the crown that let's you deflect pink projectiles.

Defeat a secret boss in the sewers and get the crown from the chest.

And get the crown from defeating the blueprint, then return to the grate.

Hope that helps!

P#119337 2022-10-19 20:31

Its a little too difficult but is very good game

P#121662 2022-12-01 12:07

Pamn that skellie is the death of me

P#125634 2023-02-10 01:56

The kingslayer is killing me. I just can not find a pattern that dodges the attacks without getting hit. It's a fight I don't think is benefited by drain mode because you have so much vertical movement, though there have been a few that I turn it on just so I can progress. But the kingslayer is slaying this king no matter what I do.

P#125706 2023-02-11 03:45

@joealarson Yeye, that fight is a difficulty spike. It's one of my personal favorites, the pattern is really simple but fast-paced and intense, makes a memorable bookmark in the middle of the game.

In retrospect, a year later; I wish I let the player tweak their max health from the options menu, to push past some of the tougher parts. I like the late game encounters, it's too bad they're hard to see XD

If you want a sort of walkthrough, you can see @hahhah42's speedrun here, the kingslayer is at like 3:45

Thanks for playing!

P#125707 2023-02-11 04:37

@Droodle Well, that show's me it can be done, but it doesn't help me do it. Just don't have the fingers for it. And it doesn't help me get the rest of the lore. I just want to know what's up with this amazing world you've created here.

Here's my theory. Tell me if I'm right. This is a world where humans have gone extinct, but the robots that they made remain. But the robots have no purpose without a human to rule over them, so they create a new human ruler... or they try to. It's been 106 attempts, and I assume after 106 escapes there'll be a 107 and the cycle will continue.

But there's a lot I still don't udnerstand. Like who is the kingslayer. He looks like a human, but is still kind of robot. Is it a robot who's decided it's done being ruled, and now wears the skin of a previous king? (Dark.) And what's all that stuff about crowns? (Or was that just a different type of key?) Lots of questions.

P#125745 2023-02-12 05:06

@joealarson I haven't wrote it all out before actually, you've got the gist.

Here's all the lore from memory, happy 1-year anniversary me, here goes:

There's a mad scientist, egomaniacal genius type, and he wants immortality. The way he decides to do it is to clone himself, if he makes good enough clone, the clone can clone itself when it gets old, and it's clone and it's clone etcetera etcetera.

But there's a problem, his clones suck. He cannot make a perfect clone. Either they're nothing like him or they loose integrity really fast, organs failing and stuff. So first he simplifies the design, makes it more plastic, less human, replacing organs and stuff with more efficient biological devices.

So he designs a simple body that was resilient and efficient, but the scientist's fully formed mind isn't built for the body. It has human instincts without a way to eat, sleep, or even breath really. The first couple clones he makes like this go insane.

Now he's getting old, his body is already mostly prosthetic replacements to keep him ticking. So he cuts corners on the mind too, simplifies the copy of his mind so it won't get too existential. Dumbs it down and gives it a purpose; to rule the artificial kingdom the scientist built for it.

This clone works! It's stable. Very content with it's limited experience. So the scientist puts this perfect clone, "The Blueprint" in a tube to keep it preserved, and creates a clone of the clone. While that first generation King grows, he sets the cycle in motion, and dies himself. (You fight what's left of his corpse when you find it in a replica of the throne room, it's called "Pacemaker", it's all the scientist's old malicious prosthetics aimlessly lashing out. Kinda fun! Suuper tough encounter.)

Scepter, a big intelligent robot that builds robots, makes the first generation of subjects, and the scientist sets them to work building a kingdom. The subjects have one priority, to do whatever the King tells them to, and the King has one priority, to tell them to do stuff. The Kings have a really long lifespan, and they sit in their throne giving decrees hand making orders, expanding the kingdom, but not innovating or anything. When a King eventually dies, Scepter organizes making another one, and recycling the current generation of subjects. This goes on for an extremely long time.

Sometimes, a new king comes out of the tube wrong. Usually Scepter recycles it and grows a new one, no problem. But sometimes a King slips through the cracks, the Kingslayer is one of them. It was more intelligent and was horrified at the situation, so it fought it's way out of the castle. Over the generations the Kingslayer would futiley attempt to dismantle the cycle, it killed several Kings and extended it's lifespan by grafting on mechanical parts. It became as single-mindedly set on destroying the place as the rest of the kings were at building it.

Then there's you, physically nothing special. A little crooked but Scepter has seen worse, and it sends you to the throne room. This King has a very serious bug, it's self aware. So like the Kingslayer, you go on a rampage and start tearing through the subjects that make the place tick, trying to find an escape. The subjects don't put up much of a fight, since you're the King, and you manage to navigate the whole kingdom and dismantle the system by killing The Blueprint, and leave the kingdom to rust away.

Pfft that's a lot of text ,:D It's a little dark, pretty convoluted, and there's holes, but it's kinda fun.

Humanity is outside the scope of the story, but I imagine that the kingdom long outlived humans for one reason or another.

Yeah the crowns are essentially just keys, they're a symbol for king-hood and stuff. All the crowns for the last many generations have been made of heavily recycled material that isn't special, and in order to progress you'll need the crown smith to make a new crown out of unrecycled crown stuff. That crown does a few things; it unlocks an area, gives you the ability to block certain projectiles, and is 1 of 3 crowns needed to open a secret door. The other two crowns are just keys for the secret door.

P#125785 2023-02-13 05:18

this game is really fun, the only think that bugs me is that while the game gets harder, the player doesn't seem to really get any buffs.
great game tho!

P#128143 2023-04-04 19:18

Omg this is so impressive I love the art style and general vibe.

P#128175 2023-04-05 15:03

i kick all of their asses include secret boss

P#134471 2023-09-17 02:24 ( Edited 2023-09-18 09:49)

So there are red walls that dmg me i dont know how to dodge it

P#135555 2023-10-07 01:39

Awesome. Just finished it. Unfortunately missed the secret boss. Might be helpful to indicate when players have picked up the Nth crown. I believe one of them popped up a text box saying 'You just got the first crown' or something.

P#137083 2023-11-07 17:40

I'm BEGGING you, ADD A SAVE FUNCTION it was it so heartbreaking to lose one battle away from opening the chest that's been taunting me from the beginning of the damm game 😭 I can't do it any more 😭😭😭

P#139446 2023-12-31 15:28

Finally beat it, such an amazing game!

P#141292 2024-02-08 16:35

@CrownDeluxe Oh hell yeah! Just about the 1-year anniversary of 'pamn that skelly is the death of me' one of my favorite comments I've gotten on a project, it's been my Discord status for around a year now. Thanks for playing!

P#141306 2024-02-08 22:34

@Droodle Really? That's so cool! And thank you for making it!

P#141314 2024-02-09 01:03

undertale if it was 8-bits and free:

P#141329 2024-02-09 14:50

People aren't kidding, Kingslayer is brutal

P#143650 2024-03-18 05:49
Page:

[Please log in to post a comment]

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-03-28 18:16:04 | 0.111s | Q:58