Follow
vincedubroeucq

Hi !
My name's Vincent Dubroeucq
I'm a developer, and I just love creating things with code. Including games!

[ :: Read More :: ]

Cart #zjowkuyu-0 | 2024-01-05 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Hello everyone !

My name's Vincent and this is my first prototype here.

It is based on a real-time card game called Brawl : https://crabfragmentlabs.com/shop/p/brawl

Rules

The goal is to score BASEs, by getting more HITs on it than your opponent. At the end of the game, the player who scored the most BASEs wins.

In PRACTICE mode, each player plays one card alternatively. In TOURNAMENT mode, players don't wait for their opponent. Games can last less than 40 seconds !

[16x16]
This is a BASE. It serves as a foundation for HITs. There can only be 3 bases max in play.

[16x16]
This is a HIT. You can play HITs on empty bases or HITs of the same color. You basically have to chain HITs of the same color on BASEs.

[16x16]
This is a BLOCK. It prevents your opponent from playing more HITs on a base. Like HITs, they must be played on a card of the same color. However, they are played on the opponent's side.

[16x16]
This is a CLEAR. Can be played on the left or right base, and removes it from the game. Useful when you're BLOCKed. You cannot CLEAR the base in the middle.

[16x16]
This is a PRESS. It removes a BLOCK.

[16x16]
This is a FREEZE. After a FREEZE is played on a BASE, no player can play on that BASE. When all BASEs in play are FROZEN, the game ends, and the player with the most HITs on FROZEN bases wins.

There are also other cards not yet included in the starting decks.

Controls

• Hold O to select your deck
  • Hold X to select your discard pile
  • LEFT to try and play the card on the left stack
  • RIGHT to play on the right stack
  • UP to play in the middle
  • DOWN to discard

For example, to play the top card of your deck on the right BASE, hold down O and press RIGHT.

DEVELOPMENT

All art is placeholder: gfx and music. I'm super bad at this so any help would be appreciated !

The plan is to work on the art and sfx, and to add different characters with different decks, and a character selection screen. A few card types are not yet implemented, so there's some more work to do !

Hope I'll be able to do something half decent looking !

Enjoy !

P#139682 2024-01-05 21:58