Follow
messer
[ :: Read More :: ]

Cart #thebirdsv2-1 | 2024-01-07 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Make your way through an unforgiving world... full of birds

A mini-platformer inspired by Limbo. You're a girl stuck in the rain, just trying to make it through.

Preview of some birds

And more birds

Background / Credits

This is my first game. I discovered pico-8 a little earlier this year and had to give it a try. Like many others, I was inspired by all of the great carts out there. In particular, I got a ton of value from this post by shy, the lazy dev shmups content, and this cart on fractal trees from bjornkri.

Versions

v1.1: Fixed bug with raven respawning / faulty crow scene logic afterwards (thanks to Phil for reporting)

P#139678 2024-01-05 17:53 ( Edited 2024-01-07 01:43)

[ :: Read More :: ]

In the rain (Working title)

Find your way through an unforgiving world

Cart #intherain-0 | 2023-12-28 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Background

This is my first pico title, and also my first game ever. I discovered pico-8 a little earlier this year and was immediately excited by it. Loved the community and was inspired by all of the great carts out there. Over the last month, I've been able to work on this concept and learned a ton.

Community help

Like many others, I was able to learn faster due to all the great carts out there. In particular, I got a ton of value from this post by shy, the lazy dev shmups content, and more recently this cart on fractal trees from bjornkri

Looking forward

I'm not sure if I'm taking this particular cart / concept much further for now, but I enjoyed working on it this month. I hope you get a few minutes of joy playing it.

P#139321 2023-12-28 21:26 ( Edited 2023-12-28 21:28)