Follow
ellinya
Cooking Frenzy Bananza Extreme!
by
[ :: Read More :: ]

Cart #cookinggame-0 | 2022-04-04 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Play as Chef Whiskers and satisfy the judges by cooking meals that apply to their tastes!
Use the ingredients in your kitchen and "special ingredients" to get the most tasty points from your meal!

My first time using pico-8! It was for a class project so I wish I could have done more with it (music and such haha) but alas there were time restrictions! Maybe I'll make updates in the future!

Here are some extra instructions for the game, as they aren't too clear in the game itself:

On the judge screen, be sure to read and remember the judge’s likes and dislikes! They will apply when you select your ingredients on the next screen.

To select ingredients in the kitchen area, use the mouse to hover over an ingredient and use the X key to select them. If a special ingredient is in your kitchen, you must use it in the round. The rows of ingredients are organized based on their taste qualities (from top to bottom: salty, spicy, sweet, sour, and special ingredients).

When playing the game, use the arrow keys to approach the ingredients, an X icon will appear over the ingredients (press the X key to pick them up) and the color of the X corresponds to the cooking process (red for pan, blue for pot). To interact with the pot/pan, use the Z key. When the ingredient is cooked, approach the red box labelled “WHEN DONE”, a Z icon will appear and place it down using the Z key. Once all 3 ingredients are in the finished area, an orange X icon will appear. Use the X key to complete the round.

An end screen will appear and display your score, and prompt you to continue playing. After each round, your score will update. Reach your best high score!

P#109658 2022-04-04 03:37 ( Edited 2022-04-04 04:17)