Follow
Jerkstore
Follow

Ant Sim WIP

Cart #boziseyipo-0 | 2019-12-03 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

a tiny simulation that's not very good. FYI, the ant health bars only show up when ants are in combat, but you can click on the ant to see its status anytime.

Features:

-Unfinished
-Buggy
-Developer art

Controls:

Left arrow: kill ants
Right arrow: spawn ants
Down arrow: spawn food
Up arrow: freeze ants/dismiss ant info

Mouse click on an ant to see it's info. while viewing the ant's info press:
"K" to kill ant
"R" to rename ant
Up arrow to dismiss info

Up coming features:
-Spiders (if they eat ants. have to look that up I guess)
-Water or something else to collect maybe
-Fix bug: ant stuck attacking corpse
-Wrap sim in a "game" of sorts

Don't bother looking at the code. It's super sloppy, confusing and embarrassing. Thank you!

P#70509 2019-12-03 00:59 ( Edited 2019-12-03 01:49)

Killing of the Dead Alpha v0.2

Cart #kotdv01-2 | 2019-11-25 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Update 2

Decided to add keyboard mode so you can just type if you feel like it. You MUST press "K" to enable the keyboard. Arrow keys disable the keyboard again.

Update

Patched in mouse support. You can now type with the mouse. If you want to use the arrow keys and Z again, make sure to move the mouse off of the keyboard keys.

/update

Controls: Arrow keys and Z button or Mouse with left click. If you want to cheat, press K to type with the keyboard.

Typing of the Dead clone - This is probably the worst platform for a typing of the dead clone, so that's the only reason I made it.

Features:

Unfinished alpha, temp wordlist, missing features, bugs

P#70204 2019-11-24 21:49 ( Edited 2019-11-25 05:01)

Cart #hugodoriwe-0 | 2019-07-24 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Hi everyone,

This is my first Pico-8 game. Its a Tamagotchi-style pet sim. It definitely needs some more polish and tweaking, but it's feature complete at this point. I'd like to get some constructive criticism about the game. Especially if there is anything really confusing about the game or interface that needs to be fixed. There should be enough information in-game to understand the systems after a little trial and error.

It's not explicitly stated, but the ideal ending is for the pet to die of old age which will only happen after purchasing all four hats (should happen in less than 30 seconds after purchasing the fourth hat).

There is a fair amount of randomness, so even the most skilled player will not be able to complete this goal every time. That will most likely not change. Any other comments and suggestions are appreciated.

The main title/gameover screens are unfinished and I might add some sort of final score I guess. I know the art isn't great and there isn't any music - those are areas I struggle with.

FYI, there is no ABPS 1. Also, I don't believe pet ownership is really slavery. I'll probably remove that in the final game.

Hope you enjoy playing it for a few minutes!

P#66062 2019-07-24 04:48

Cart #54012 | 2018-07-09 | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Snail Adventure

Press 'Z' to Jump, Arrow keys to slime around. If you die press 'Z' to continue. 'O' and 'P' move the camera up and down if you get bored.

P#54013 2018-07-08 20:52 ( Edited 2018-07-11 19:06)

Follow Lexaloffle:        
Generated 2019-12-06 12:30 | 0.080s | 4194k | Q:63