Cart #kirup-0 | 2023-12-25 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

P#139171 2023-12-25 23:28

That was a fun and strange experience : 1st, because the screenshot is just a code window, I wasn't expecting a space invaders game. A lot of people will probably never try it because of that. Is it a WIP that is mislabeled as a finished cartridge ?
Screen around the player sometimes gets completely covered by smoke, so you get next to no visibility and get shot, but you get so much cherries that give you back 1 heart every 4(?) that it wasn't really a big deal.
Progress on the other hand was confusing. Score went up by 1 per kill, but aliens kept coming even when the previous batch wasn't cleared, leading to a progressively higher lag as they piled. Small orange mini bosses were not a problem, but the big red ones I couldn't destroy even if solely focusing fire on them before a new one arrived on top the previous ones to start soaking damage, so none would ever be killed and lag kept getting worse.
Tried to see if getting more cherries led to anything, but a single hit seemed to have made me lose all of them, and yet when I stopped playing and let myself get killed rather than going on in slow motion, the cherries stayed at 15 while my lives depleted under the enemy fire... Not sure what a normal play is supposed to be like.

P#139327 2023-12-28 23:44

[Please log in to post a comment]