This is an unlisted thread. Please be considerate when sharing the URL.

Nov 2023 Update

The full version of Picohaven 2 is released, at: https://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?tid=54850

This page is an older, obsolete, in-development version for playtesters:

Thanks for volunteering to playtest! This cart contains the first ~7 levels of PICOhaven 2, a sequel to PICOhaven

I've now played through 4 or 5 times and done a first round of debugging / balancing / tweaking, so I'm interested in any feedback-- what's unclear (I've revamped the UI a bit based on feedback on the previous one), how hard or easy you found each level, any bugs or graphical glitches you find, any enemies or cards you have feedback on, any thrilling experiences you have, and really anything else.

If you're interested enough to play all ~7 levels, I'd be interested how many tries it took you to beat each level, as well as your "campaign stats" (viewable at the bottom of the Profile screen): kills, gold, and total playtime to get through these levels. A screenshot of that screen would be most interesting, as I get to see what card upgrade choices you made as well.

Cart #dugodamuha-0 | 2023-09-29 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Controls:

Use the arrow keys and Z (the "o" button on this fantasy console) to select. Occasionally you can use X to undo. There will often be a prompt at the bottom of the screen which tells you which keys to use in the current state.

How To Play

Caveat: This game (especially this test cart) is primarily intended for people who've played the original, and does not have a built-in tutorial, you can see the linked PICOhaven 1 post above for instructions and tips for the previous version to refresh your memory.

When this gets closer to done, I plan to create some updated instructions / manual and so on.

Known open items:

• This is about 1/3 of the planned campaign, I have most of the rest built but still have a few intermediate levels to create to connect to the later levels
  • I haven't done any work or testing on the difficulty levels other than Normal yet-- I think they may be unbalanced for some of the new enemy types
  • I'm continuing to work on tweaking balance of monsters, actions, cards, levels, and so on (feedback is especially useful here)
  • I have a long list of wishlist items and minor graphical glitches I'm working on
  • New music is planned, this is the PICOhaven 1 music as a placeholder
P#135079 2023-09-29 00:17 ( Edited 2023-11-16 20:58)

[Please log in to post a comment]