Cart #hellogpt-0 | 2023-05-01 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

So, I thought I'd give it a shot. Never made any real game on pico8. I simply described what I wanted and asked for clarifications and added features. This was done using ChatGPT 3.5 in about 2 hours. (Could have been much faster. Even the first prompt generated an almost playable though yanky game after fixing a slight error.)

The first prompt was: "In pico-8 implement a side scrolling shooter using gamepad controls. The player spaceship is represented by the string "World world" in white color. It can only move up or down. It is firing shots represented by the character "-". Enemy ships are entering the screen every 3 seconds at random speed and random y coordinates from the right side. They are represented by strings of words randomly drawn from a list containing "wtf", "ftw" and "GPT". They are colored red. Enemy ships are destroyed when touching the shots from the player. The player is destroyed when he touches an enemy ship. Upon destruction, an enemy ship flashes 3 times in white over the course of half a second and then disappears. Upon destruction of the player spaceship, it is moved to the left, off the screen. One second later, it reappears on the left side of the screen. Display two counters at the top of the screen named "Killed" and "Kills". The "Killed" counter increases each time the player ship is destroyed. The "Kills" counter increases each time an enemy ship is destroyed."

P#129244 2023-05-01 17:35

This is hilarious

P#129306 2023-05-02 11:49

[Please log in to post a comment]