Cart #simonusquest-1 | 2023-03-29 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Simonus Quest is a quick game about escaping the dungeon. In Simonus Quest, you play as Simonus Perivan, a wizard who has been captured and imprisoned in a dank dungeon. You must collect the Dark Keys and escape by finding the Magic Ruby.

V .1 is the first working prototype of Simonus Quest. You can walk around, pick up keys, check your inventory, open doors, get killed by spikes, and win the game by collecting the magic ruby. At the last moment, I made Simonus two tiles tall instead of one. The next version of the game will center around a sprite that is two tiles tall, which will allow for some different puzzles and things. There is currently no collision detection on Simonus's lower half and the map has yet to be reworked, so you will just have to imagine you are the hat only for now.

Don't hold me to it, wider PICO-8 Community, but my goals for the next version of Simonus Quest are to change how collision works (as well as the layout of the map) to accommodate the taller Simonus sprite, add an enemy, give Simonus a cellmate, and add music.

I made this game by following an excellent tutorial by Dylan Bennett and hope to grow this game as I learn more about coding in PICO-8.

Thank you for playing Simonus Quest, my first ever game!

P#127771 2023-03-29 13:40 ( Edited 2023-03-29 19:02)

[Please log in to post a comment]