Tscherno Jump 1.0
Follow the arrows! Dodge the cats! Avoid the Sawtraps! This game is bloody - bloody diffcult!
Tscherno Jump is a demake of a game that unfortunately never saw the light of day, by @Asebist and me.
You only need one button, Tscherno and his clones will automatically follow the arrows on the ground, except if you want to jump over them or need to jump an obstacle. Try and figure out the fastest way through the levels!
How to play?
- press X/O to start running, arrows change your direction
- collect all coins in a level to finish
- run into cherries to spawn two clones besides you
- sometimes you need to lose clones strategically to remove obstacles
- only one Tscherno needs to survice to score
- try and beat your best times in speedrun mode
What is in the box?
- 36 challenging levels
- multiple obstacles and types of arrows to tickle your braincells
- speedrun mode
- level editor (save ~144 maps)
Is it truly done yet?
well, probably not, it needs:
- more levels and a shallower learning curve
- feedback feedback feedback
How to use the Level Editor?
- press "ENTER" and select "NEW MAP" or "OPEN EDITOR"
use the ARROW KEYS to move the edit cursor
press "M" to add an object
press "N" to delete an object
use ARROW LEFT / RIGHT to choose an object to place
use ARROW UP / DOWN to change direction or subtype of object
press "M" to place the object or "N" to cancel
- press "TAB" to save the current level to a string
in the code you can add this string to the levels table or send it to me to add it to the final version of the game if you built something cool :)
- press "ENTER" and select "CLOSE EDITOR" to save the map for the session
you will "testplay" this map immediately
- press "ENTER" and select "SELECT MAP" to play the map again later
new maps get added to the end of the levellist
Feedback and help are much appreciated
if you´ve got levels you want to submit, please go ahead and share your level string
also if you want to support this game with proper music, it would be much appreciated
other than that, every feedback helps as well :)
This is pretty cool. I like the one button control scheme.
I ran across what I think is a bug. I completed a level, but pressed Z instead of X accidentally, which took me to a map screen. When I hit Z again to close the map, the level continued (even though there were no coins because I had finished) and I died because I ran into one of the obstacles. Out of curiosity, I pressed Z again, got the map screen, closed it and again the level continued, but this time, since I was a dead splotch, it just kept going forever until I chose "Retry" from the pause menu. Seems like leaving the map screen resets level mode/state to be "in progress" even when the level is over due to success or failure.
[Please log in to post a comment]