Cart #ml06balloondanmaku0-1 | 2022-03-29 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Made this for an english project.
That's about it.

Controls

• ↑ ↓ → ←: Move (duh)
  • X: Use Air (not a bomb)
  • O: Pause

Version 1.1:

• Sky no longer cycles to black
  • Slow mode is removed and replaced with pause
  • Laser pattern now is slower and more manageable
  • Every 1000 points earned gives an extra life
P#109286 2022-03-27 23:23 ( Edited 2022-03-29 03:12)

Nicely done.

I think I've lost more health to these fast-moving targeted gray projectiles (I think the type you call "lasters" in the code) as to all the other types put together. It might be good to balance them out a bit, although the ability to choose what to use air against does mean it's reasonable for some patterns to be harder than others.

The "slow" mode is good to have, but the controls would feel better if they had a little bit of acceleration - so tapping an arrow key for one frame moves you a little bit, but holding it down for two frames moves more than twice as much, up to the speed you currently have.

I was excited to get to the end of the black, and then the next background was dark blue. It looks like from here skyb cycles, so the colors cycle forever. But maybe being endless is part of your theme of your project.

P#109298 2022-03-28 03:53

What exactly does the air do? But great game! You must have a fun literature class. :P

P#109309 2022-03-28 12:13

Thank you for the feedback!

The laser bullet pattern took me a bit to figure out, because if it was too slow it would all clump together and create too much in the way, but also if it was too fast it would be impossible to dodge. I found that dodge the first 2 then go under the 3rd set but it is a little inconsistent.
What I'll do is probably change the speed difference between them, like diving by 1.25, 1.5, 1.75 instead of 1, 2, 3.

I agree that the slow mode is a little weird, I added it incase there is a tight situation, but it's too slow to be useful. I might change it like you said or just remove it completely.

As for the endless part of it, I was just making it a small little arcade thing, although I might different ways of getting score.
And the colors were suppose to represent height originally, but I realized that if its endless it wouldn't be interesting if it just stayed black forever. I guess now the colors represent time of day.
Thinking of it now maybe adding a height value on the side but probably not associated with the score, just for fun.

Again thank you.

P#109316 2022-03-28 14:55

The air is for clearing the screen of bullets in treacherous situations.

P#109317 2022-03-28 15:02

Oh yeah, I remember that I was gonna add a system where you gain a life like every 1k or 2.5k points

P#109332 2022-03-28 19:22

[Please log in to post a comment]