Cart #tardis_toolkit-1 | 2021-05-28 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

A simple tech demo I threw together after months of fiddling around with ideas.
It's barebones, pseudo-3D but it works.
Inspired by Doctor Who's titular spacetime-timespace travelling vehicle, as well as a fellow BBS member Trasevol_Dog's post "Lands of Yocta."

l/r/u/d left/right/up/down
z/x to move backward/forward
s set coords to inside TARDIS interior
(or z+x+up+down if on mobile)

You spawn in the overworld, which is just near 0,0. You will see The Doctor's Type-40 TARDIS among some very programmer-art grass. Either match the x,y,z coordinates to 102,102,102, or hit 'S' to enter into the TARDIS, where you will see your TARDIS Console.

Please note since this is a demo there are some very obvious bugs. Since this is also pseudo-3D there will also be some weird behavior with sprite transformations e.g. if you move too far forward or backward.

There's also a slight easter egg, if you enable DS=2 then you will see a small TARDIS console sprite based on the original unreleased 2D project this was inspired from. Since this is the original police box design, there's a neat little sprite of a "repaired chameleon circuit." I might add the original Type-40 shell design from e.g. "Heaven Sent" but for now I think the good ol' police box looks fine and dandy.
(Added! Do te=0)

I'm sure someone with way more 3D experience could make something way cooler than this, but as a first success in making something like this, I'm proud to have completed this small yet challenging project!
Enjoy!

Old version

Cart #tardis_toolkit-0 | 2021-05-27 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

P#92698 2021-05-27 21:28 ( Edited 2021-05-28 02:37)

[Please log in to post a comment]

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-03-28 12:49:28 | 0.010s | Q:14