Cart #binariolunafromthemoon-1 | 2020-10-24 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Binario is an implementation of the puzzle by the same name, invented by Adolfo Zanellati. I know this game from the Simon Tatham's puzzle collection, as it's one of my favourites. The algo to create the levels is bad, basically a less than brute force but still pretty brutal, and it takes many tries for the higher levels.

Mouse is supported and makes everything better, but it's still possible to play with key controls too.

I added a clue system to make it more engaging. I wanted to add also something like a timer that would fill up and down according to the moves and the state of the game, but finally decided against it since it wouldn't really add too much and probably no one will play this version anyways. It was an entertaining exercise in Pico8, and hopefully someone finds it interesting.

HOW TO PLAY

You have to fill the grid with blues and pinks. No more than 2 cells of the same color can be together, neither in rows nor columns. And each column and row has to be completed with the same amount of cells of each color. So in a 8x8 grid, there has to be 4 pinks and 4 blues in each line. That's it. Really easy.

P#83280 2020-10-24 13:10 ( Edited 2020-10-24 13:29)

Love it, very nicely implemented! The clues make it almost kind of meditative at first, as you just go around filling in the ones that are predetermined. It's very satisfying.

It could be interesting to have an option of turning off the clues for more challenge!

P#83285 2020-10-24 14:07 ( Edited 2020-10-24 14:07)

[Please log in to post a comment]

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-03-29 08:27:11 | 0.010s | Q:14