Virulent is a turn-based game where you use action points to manage a viral outbreak on earth. The story is that the earth is hit by asteroids carrying a deadly virus, your task is to launch missiles to prevent any more infections, while administering remedies to infected countries and cure them.
Virulent is a remake of an Atari game called "Epidemic!" by Steven Faber (1982). I hope you enjoy playing it.
I dedicate this game to every person who has been separated from their family or loved ones during the tragic corona virus outbreak of 2020. We miss you dearly.
To highlight a country, choose a remedy or select an asteroid target.
Mobile: On-screen ⬆️⬇️⬅️➡️
PC: ⬆️⬇️⬅️➡️ keys
To open country details or press a toolbar button.
Mobile: On-screen ❎
PC: ❎ Key
Mobile: On-screen 🅾️
PC: Z key
On all screens you can use the 🅾️ key as a shortcut instead of using the toolbar.
- On the Regional screen, it opens the remedy screen - if a remedy can be applied.
- On the Remedy screen, it applies the selected remedy.
- On the Radar screen, it launches a missile.
- On the Command screen, it ends the turn - only available when no more actions can be performed.
Located at the bottom of the screen, use the ⬅️➡️ to highlight a button, and ❎ to press it.
On the Command Station screen, press down⬇️ all the way to the bottom to focus the toolbar. To return to country selection, go back up⬆️.
- Mar 2021: Fix end condition bug when all infections are cured and some countries destroyed.
[Please log in to post a comment]