Hey all! This is my first little Pico-8 experiment, and like I almost always do with any game engine, a Snake clone was first on the list. I'm not a great artist, so excuse the lack of polish in the sprites ^^
Points by fruit type:
- Apple - 1 point
- Plum - 1 point
- Blueberry - 1 point
- Peach - 1 point
- Blackberry - 1 point
- Bronze apple - 2 points
- Silver apple - 5 points
- Golden apple - 10 points
Each fruit you eat will increase the length of your tail by 1 tile.
Going off the edge of the screen will wrap you around to the other side.
Don't run into your tail, and try to survive as long as you can!
My high score as of version 1.4 is 88 - see if you can beat me!
- Slowed snek down slightly (12 moves/s -> 10/s)
- Added SFX on game start
- Switched from table to sprite flags for fruit scores
- Major token optimization
- Removed unnecessary blank map area
- Commented game code
- Added changelog to cart file
- Improved the main menu significantly
- Added a simple "Game Over" message
- Major internal improvements
- Added a main menu!
- Added persistent high scores
- Added another fruit variation (blackberry)
- Condensed and optimized a bunch of stuff
- Added new fruits (plum, blueberry, peach, bronze/silver apples)
- Changed background color to allow for more fruit variations
- Optimized code slightly, particularly drawing cod
- Initial release
[Please log in to post a comment]