Hi guys, over the past few weeks I've been working on @auto_tweetcart on Twitter! [Demo image below Q&A].

It's a little Twitter bot that runs your tweet carts when called with its handle. Some of you have probably seen it as it's been up a few days already. It's all Open Source (BSD 2-clause license), and available on my Gitlab, although I should mention it was built with a very specific setup in mind!

I'm planning on adding an FAQ to the project soon, but for now, I'll answer some things here!

========== Q&A ==========
Q: How do I use it?
A: Call the bot with it's handle on a separate line in your tweet, then just write you code out. You can title your tweetcart with a comment like normal, and the bot will use that as a title for the reply. It will take about a minute to reply, as it records for 30 seconds and then does some processing.

Q: Can I call the bot on a new line / in a string?
A: No, but that's coming quite soon.

Q: Why?
A: Why not? More seriously, I was a annoyed that I would have to configure PICO8 to get the GIFs I wanted, then upload them to Twitter scaled up (or lose quality to interpolation), and maybe even optimized (since scaled-up GIFs are massive). I saw how awesome the bbcmicrobot was, and decided then and there that I wanted to make this.

Q: Is it spammy?
A: Hopefully not. Retweets are handled manually, so I'll make sure not to spam everyone.

Q: Is it secure?
A: Yes. Maybe. It's on a dedicated system with multiple layers of LXC containerization. If you've looked at the source and you think you have a way of exploiting it, please talk to me and maybe we can test it out together on the development bot :D

Q: Can you add feature [X]?
A: Maybe! Let me know your ideas!

========== Addendum ==========
I'm pretty new to the BBS so sorry if this is out of place. I would love for you all to try it out (even if it crashes, it's valuable information for me!), and feel free to ask questions 💕

P#73605 2020-03-02 04:53

[Please log in to post a comment]

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-04-18 05:00:01 | 0.034s | Q:8